Monday, June 23, 2008

Missing Marchapada ...........

All my friends , in schools , colleges and colleagues in my both companies do know that I am a person from balosore or puri (depending upon when u met me ) .. but really my village is Marchapada .. a small place in JagatSinghpur where habitat means 8-9 houses with lots of paddy field .. and our joint family was one of the powerful family (that's what I think) .. The thoughts of long green paddy fields , with neverending grennery and in between them a pond .. near the pond a small Bapu sitting silently to catch a fish .. thoughts of little droplets of dew falling on the grasses and pinching my ass (we didnt have toilets ) ....

But the village is no more .. Though 1999 cyclone did have a catastrophic effect on my village .. but I think more subtle reason was me ...
We stopped visiting my village after 1999 ... Lots of youngsters left the village after that for job search .. they abandoned agriculture .. green fileds started to become gray ... and slowly and silently the urabanisation started to take its toll ..every one started to dream big but in wrong direction .. pollution started to enter not only in the atmosphere but also in the hearts . people started to look each other in doubt ... all the love that was there vanished .. money-minded people became meaner and meaner .. and earlier which single pond used to supply fish and water for 30 joint families .. now became the matter of dispute between 3-4 nucleus families .....

And I started to hide my nativity not from the world but from myself and my village which required me .. was going away from me .. astranged .....
Hey Manish ... where are u from ? I am from India .. from Bangalore ... (not Marchapada not even Orissa .... )

2 comments:

Unknown said...

dat was too senti :)

Unknown said...

subhi .. thanks .. keep on commenting and sumday u may get speed- 100 with perfcet action sequence